Wednesday 6 May 2020

06/05/20

Went to Springfield Hospital yesterday for my three-weekly bloods to be taken - results expected Friday. All nurses I saw dealing with patients were wearing face masks (as I was) but other staff weren't using any PPE.

Had a reply from Dr.Ch to my email of a few days ago - he suggests a 'phone consultation later today or tomorrow. Of course the three problems (left hip / low back, left knee, stiff neck) have all improved a bit. But I remember the two lesions / pathological fractures I believe I had before the big left hip lesion appeared back at the beginning. One in upper back, the other in a posterior rib (I thought it was the shoulder-blade). They were both bad for two or three weeks and then went away by themselves...

It's almost a relief to be able to think about myeloma again instead of COVID-19. And on that point, a near neighbour has developed a high temperature (40.3 C is the last figure I've heard) which came on very quickly. He's getting a virus test early this morning (that's early by normal standards, not mine). Fingers crossed for a negative result - it would be a little too close for comfort otherwise. Hope he's OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...