Saturday 23 May 2020

22/05/20 (2)

Heard from Springfield today - my new prescription will be available Tuesday afternoon (26th) when I go in for the next set of bloods. So we start on Wednesday.

If things go as usual, I'll have to wait while a pharmacist brings the stuff over from the main building and goes through all the pills, how I should take them, side effects, etc. That'll take nearly as long as a Zometa drip would, and will bring me into prolonged close (well, 2m) contact with someone from the main hospital building. And yet I can't have Zometa once a month because "it's all about minimising the time in the hospital" as someone from MyelomUK told me when I phoned them about this. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...