Saturday, 23 May 2020

22/05/20 (2)

Heard from Springfield today - my new prescription will be available Tuesday afternoon (26th) when I go in for the next set of bloods. So we start on Wednesday.

If things go as usual, I'll have to wait while a pharmacist brings the stuff over from the main building and goes through all the pills, how I should take them, side effects, etc. That'll take nearly as long as a Zometa drip would, and will bring me into prolonged close (well, 2m) contact with someone from the main hospital building. And yet I can't have Zometa once a month because "it's all about minimising the time in the hospital" as someone from MyelomUK told me when I phoned them about this. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...