Friday 22 May 2020

22/05/20

Nothing much yesterday or today so far (01:17) apart from Sue's birthday yesterday. The weather was good and all the plans worked out well.

I'm now pretty much reconciled to going from intravenous Zometa to oral sodium clodronate, despite the low and unpredictable absorption, the possible new side effects, and the need for a rather more disciplined approach to meal timings. Despite that I've heard of three hospitals (Addenbrookes in Cambridge included) which are either returning to Zometa or never stopped it. I think my best bet is to go with the new pills for a few weeks until - I hope - enough places have gone back to Zometa drips that Springfield will be forced to follow. Or perhaps a side-effect will be bad enough to produce a change of mind...

Yesterday afternoon we intended a walk along the Essex Way near us (mainly because it's well-shaded and the temperature was above 80F). When I got Victor the all-terrain Veloped (walker) out of the garage, he had a flat tyre. Same one that got a puncture a couple of weeks ago. So I ordered two more 14" inner tubes and a 12" one (for Walter the other walker, just in case of need). Later today I'll investigate further, and may have to put the repaired tube from last time in as a temporary measure. Sometimes I regret the passing of the days when I could go out for a walk with just a stick, or even nothing at all...

Otherwise, I'm just waiting for delivery of the new pills (Lenalidomide, Dexamethasone, and Sodium Clodronate) so we can get the new regime under way.

3 comments:

  1. It was also my elder sister's birthday on 21st, thus illustrating yet again that it takes a fairly small number of people to produce two with the same birthday, in this case taking the members of the cafe and their immediate families as a sample.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must admit I've never been entirely convinced by the statistical argument for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither have I, but there have been many examples of far fewer than 367 people. Illogical, but just one of those oddities.

      Delete

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...