Friday 29 April 2022

29/04/22 Windows 11

Started the day vy taking the scooter for what we used to call "the long walk" to the cafe where we met friends of Sue's for coffee an a toasted teacake. Quite a chilly breeze on the way out but pleasantly warmer on the way back afterwards.












Expecting a hospital stay of several weeks, I bought a Windows Surface laptop/tablet before the aborted stem cell transplant in 2020, and it's not really justified itself since. Nice machine and used occasionally but never really wormed its way into everyday life. So I thought I'd take it along for what should be a much shorter stay of just a few nights. I put it on charge for a while, turned it on and got the usual updates for virus descriptions etc.. Finally, one for a "Windows Security Update".Those are usually small and take just a minute or two. This one turned out to be Windows 11.

An hour and a half later... 

Tomorrow (or later today) we go to London for the pre-op tests. More about that in tomorrow's post, I expect. Now I should get a not-too-late night.

2 comments:

  1. Then you'll have another half-hour for updates to Windows 11...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, but probably on the way! I have another laptop which converted to 11 weeks ago. No problems with bthat one, so far...

      Delete

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...