Thursday 10 February 2022

10/02/22 Blister packs

Again, not a lot new. My time is divided between upstairs at the computer and downstairs in the new chair, separated by trips in the stairlift. Still very dependent on a stick to move around in the house, and little paranoid about falling...

Yesterday was Pill Organisation Day. With my right hand distinctly worse than it was last week, getting some the of the little ones out of the blister packs was a real problem. I ended up using a round baking tray (a new and unused one) to stop them rolling out of sight or pinging across the room. Amitriptyline is the worst, all 28 of the little blue buggers. Also 28 paracetamol - and the current batch are particularly prone to breaking in half as you try to get them out. And as for the tiny little cigar-shaped statins, they're enough to give you a heart attack... The whole process took rather more than two hours and left me with very sore fingertips which I hope won't turn into new finger splits. So I turned to Amazon as usual and found a variety of gadgets for extracting pills from blister packs. One of them is winging its way towards me and should arrive later today.


1 comment:

  1. My husband gets his pills organised by the chemist into days am and pm of the week. He takes lots of other pills not related to his myeloma. He has just been taken off lenalidomide maintenance because of blotchy feet and unsteadiness to see if it settles.

    ReplyDelete

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...