Wednesday 23 February 2022

23/02/22 Anniversary

Quite a day, yesterday. It started with my (computer) mouse disappearing. Somehow it jumped off the computer desk and found a new home in the two-inch gap between the bottom of the desk. I used to  be be flexible enough to get down there with a torch and look for missing items but no more, so had to get a neighbour in to help. It took a while but eventually we found the mouse and returned it to its mat.

I took one of my four Diazapams last thing at night, and when I got up my balance and walking were probably the worst ever, but that was short-lived. I took #2 half an hour later, #3 after breakfast, and #r4 just a few ninutes before the scan. I don't know i0f the diazapam helped - certainly there was no obvious effect of sleepiness or woozly light-headidness - but I got through the scan with no great difficulty at all. 

What I think did make a difference was that instead of being in a separate control room on the other side of a window, the technicians were in the room with me throughout. Even better, Sue was allowed to stay in as well. So there was a lot of support instead of the sense of complete isolation that I've had before.

CORRECTION: Sue tells me that all the techies were in their control room behind a glass window, so she was on her own in the MRI room (apart from me). Being inside the machine I couldn't see but I had the clear impression there were two, perhaps three, people giving encouragement and physical contact. Obviously not. Perhaps I can blame the Diazapam...)

Anyway, profound sense of relief for both of us now that the MRI thing is finally put to rest.
Otherwise, our 40th anniversay included a surprise afternoon tea that wasn't a surprise, and one of our cats getting into a fight with a neighbour's cat that ended up with her dripping bood all over the floor. She had to be taken to the vet to get stitches in a nasty wound in her inside thigh and at least seven days confined to quarters while it heals.
















I prefer the Devon way but Sue goees for the Cornish method. Vive la difference!


We've also been having some fun - and not a little frustration - with our new Ring Video Doorbell - nothing like as easy to set up as they say! Here's a frame from a video it shot of a deliver man ringing the bell and failing to deliver. I was upstairs taking part in the Great Mouse Hunt so could't get to my phone in time to deal with him. Here's a frame from the video:
















I like the late afternoon sky in that image!

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...