Tuesday 8 February 2022

08/02/22 It's here!

The stairlift has arrived!













We don't live in quite as much baronial splendour as that photo might suggest. The house is about a hundred years old, and those 100% fake beams were added by the previous owner.

We have also added a powered two-motor recliner/riser chair, which makes things a lot easier for me:












The old armchair which was in that spot is now in the garage awaiting an offer of a good home...

Later today we have a visiting chiropodist coming to attend to my toenails, which I can no longer reach myself. I think that's one of the real signs of entering old age, although I prefer to think of it as disability...

In the afternoon we see the neurology consultant at Springfield. We have a list of questions prepared, and Sue should be able to take notes. More about that tomorrow.

2 comments:

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...