Tuesday 7 January 2020

07/01/20

More evidence last night that 200mg of thalidomide is enough to take on the dex sleeplessness. I fell asleep in my study chair at about 01:00 and woke up again at 04:00. Straight to bed and back to sleep until the alarm at 08:30.

I put the Furosemide (diuretic) back up to 40mg this morning - already the swelling on the left ankle is less marked and  my water balance is in chaos. Urinating copious quantities with great frequency (not straightforward while also having a much-postponed eye test), even more so than when I first started the 40mg dose from nothing. I think this must indicate how big an effect the dex (and possibly other things) is having on fluid retention. Probably accounts for much of the recent weight gain - will be interesting to see if a lot of that disappears over the next few days. In the meantime must be even more careful than usual to drink plenty while a new equilibrium gets established. Don't want to start getting dehydrated, that wouldn't be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...