Thursday 9 January 2020

11/01/20 (2)

The nosebleed bled profusely for about 45 minutes before it eventually stopped and clotted, which happened quite suddenly. I suppose that means the Rivaroxaban is doing its job properly. No recurrence either in the shower or overnight.

The vampire nurses at Springfield (always after another sample of my blood) advise ice on forehead or back of neck to slow and/or stop such a nosebleed. I'm not an ice enthusiast and can think of better things to do with a bag of frozen peas but I suppose I'll have to give it a try next time. It'll be good practice for the transplant, when I'll need lots of ice to cool my digestive tract down and minimise the damage from the high-dose chemotherapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...