Sunday 19 January 2020

19/01/20

Got the tax returns finished off yesterday (normal life continuing as usual) and had a fairly busy day today. Made two batches of spreadable butter in the Thermomix, then changed the hideously expensive water filter in the kitchen, It lives under the sink and it's a harder job than it might sound, especially as I'm rather less bendy than I used to be. Then off to Saffron Hall for an afternoon of Beethoven and back in time to cook dinner.

A lot of horror stories about SCT (Stem Cell Transplant) on the Facebook Myeloma Support Group today, particularly about the lengthy and difficult recovery process. I can't say I'm looking forward to what might be several months getting back to something close to "normal". I keep reminding myself that it's only the people who have bad experiences who tend to write about them (although, in fact, it's more often their carers who write the posts). People who sail through transplant with few if any problems are too busy just getting on with life. Probably...


No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...