Thursday 9 January 2020

Nosebleed

I've been waiting for this for a while - it's a likely side-effect of several things. I went out for an evening of Latin jazz (Derek Nash with Picante) at the Belvedere, got home about 11:15 and then rushed around the kitchen doing all the things that have to be done:

Give Belle her treats
Make Ribena (we are both unreasonably addicted to the stuff at night, but Sue had made hers already)
Make Laxido and drink it (yuck!)
Chew AdCal tablet
Lay out tomorrow's breakfast
Finish loading dishwasher
Wash up cats' dinners
Take last batch of pills for the day (the Ribena comes in useful here).

With all that done I headed upstairs for the shower room and the nosebleed started out of nowhere. Maybe I should have taken it all a bit more slowly. Lots of blood - more than I could keep under control - and it took about 45 minutes to clot and stop. I'm just glad it didn't happen while I was at the club or driving home. Also hope it stays stopped overnight... It was right nostril only - does that mean sleeping on left side or right, or maybe it doesn't make any difference?

Later today I must check out the side-effect lists to work out the likeliest culprits. I think dex will be high on the list, as it is for almost everything. Only one day to go, and then the dex nights will start again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...