Friday 31 January 2020

31/01/20

Some good Brexit Day news today. Last set of bloods show paraproteins as "too small to quantify" and no mention of "detected" this time. I doubt that the difference in wording is very significant. Everything else looks OK to me.

Had a phone call this morning from Jamie Cavenagh's secretary. He's the top man i/c stem cell transplants at The London Clinic, along with Prof. John Gribben. First appointment on Tuesday 11 February - I hadn't expected that to start until the end of cycle 4 which I've started today with a Velcade / Bortezomib injection and 20mg of Dexamethasone. So after all these years I've got a medical appointment in Harley Street (no.95). I can't say it's exactly been an ambition, but I suppose it's a bit like climbing a mountain and finally getting to the peak. There's nowhere further up to go...

The oedema is moderate in both ankles at the moment, and they're both about the same. I remain confused about what's going on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...