Thursday 9 June 2022

08/06/22 Bits and pieces

Yesterday saw my GP DrKu. He asked for the appointment as a post-operation follow-up but we spent most of the time on my blood pressure, which he did not regard as excessive. I failed to get across to him that no matter whether an average of 138/86 is cause for concern or not, the sudden increase from my long-time stable average 120/70 requires an explanation. Anyway, he's put me on a low dose of Lorvacs which is a vasodilator for the blood pressure and a long-acting diuretic instead of the Furosemide. We'll see how that goes.

After that we went to Braintree & Bocking Gardens, now a favourite haunt, for lunch an some fresh air and "exercise" on the scooter. When back home I had a phone call from neurosurgeon Mr.Ib asking after my progress, but his real reason was to ask me to join a research project about patient attitudes to robotic surgery. Needless to say, I agreed.

Today was my third home physio session. I'm still impresses by her, and she's impressed by my progress. Her "hands-on" work is really good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...