Monday 27 June 2022

27/06/22 Giant Steps


Continuing the theme of musically-inspired post titles, try this wonderful transcription of Coltrane's classic. If you like that sort of thing, of course. At any rate, it gives me an excuse to work an image into the post!

Three "giant steps" for me yesterday:

1. Used the stairlift just once, to take the morning tea tray downstairs. Otherwise I've done every trip up and down unaided.

2. Tossed a few boules around on the back lawn, using my wheeled walking frame for support. It has a bag strapped to it to hold the boules etc. I found my line was surprisingly good but my length is poor. Can't get any decent range and don't have much control over height of the throw. But very early days yet, and I'm going to need a lot of practice to get strength back into my right arm. Several hours later there's no unpleasant reaction in the shoulder muscles.

3. Went for my first drive in the car since mid-January! All went well, I can use handbrake and transmission selector ok with my left hand. So Sue won't have to drive me around to appointments any more, which will be a great relief to her. And of course it opens up the possibility of gradually getting back to playing some proper boules again. That'll get me out of the house, which will be good for both of us.

That's a lot of progress for one day.

Last night I thought was pretty sleepless but the CPAP machine recorded my best score yet. Very strange. Perhaps I was dreaming being awake all that time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...