Wednesday 1 June 2022

01/06/22 To sleep... or maybe not.

It's very early (00:17) on Wednesday morning. Yesterday I went to bed at about this time, an hour and a half earlier than usual and hoping for rather more sleep to stop me dozing off so much during the day. The result, of course,was tat it took an hour and a half to get to sleep rather than the usual minute or two... and I'm still waiting for the NHS CPAP machine I was promised back in September after being diagnosed with sleep apnoea...

On Monday we went to Hanbury Gardens to say hello to some of the Epping Petanque people an to test out my plan of using the folding walking frame (with wheels at the front) to let me play for the first few months. I'll get a bag to strap to the top to hold the boules and other bits and pieces. It should work OK most places, but possibly not in the sand at Birchanger. My plan at the moment is to start driving again in a couple of weeks, gradually extending my range until I start playing again in early July. Crossed fingers, etc.

BP is still high, but a little down on the last couple of days. I have GP appointment already in the diary for the 7th. I 'phoned the secretaries to get a message to him and add it to the subjects to discuss, and they gave me an email address to send my diary a day or two in advance, And the other god thing is that I've got myself off painkillers altogether. Haven't had as much as a paracetamol for two days now. And next round of myeloma blood tests coming on the 6th...


No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...