Wednesday 15 June 2022

15/06/22 Bloods and things

Latest set of bloods results came in today, just in time for 'phone consultation with Dr.Ch tomorrow. It's been a while since the last lot, what with his holidays and my neck, and I had more than half convinced myself that with my metaphorical eye taken off the myeloma ball to concentrate on recovery from the surgery, this would be the time that the numbers start going up again. But no - still in remission, paraproteins still undetectable, free light chains only a little off normal (which is not unusual) Everything else looks good to me - and that's after five months off all cancer treatment!

Had a phone call from Jack the CPAP man at Broomfield - he's happy with the data that the machine sends through every day:








(there's more detail behind this "dashboard").

So all going well so far.

Several more things to deal with today on the phone, plus a truly remarkable fifth day for England at Trentbridge. Couldn't tear myself away from the computer or the radio.

Signs of improvement in my left hand - I can now raise my third finger independently of the others - not fully, but more than I could do a few days ago. Nerves are starting to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...