Sunday 12 June 2022

12/06/22 First night...

...with the CPAP machine went pretty well, all things considered.It wasn't helped by one of the rare visits of rescue cat Blue to the bedroom just as I was making final adjustments to the mask and connecting to the hose. When a cat wants attention, there's not a lot you can do about it. They have an impeccable talent for choosing exactly the wrong moment.

Went to sleep about 01:30, woke up with my biological clock convinced that it was at least 07:30. So I took the mask off, turned over to look at the clock - 04:15. I'm not often that far out. So started again and slept through till 0800 although not without interruptions to adjust the fit of the mask and between lower lip and chin, where of course I have some beard. I've trimmed that a bit shorter and been advised on a facebook CPAP user group to try some mask liners. Straight off to Up The Jungle to investigate and order!

The web app shows some mask-sealing problems (no surprise) and also a very pleasing drop in "incidents" to y6 rather than the 29 I scored in my sleep test back last September. Overall, I think that's a pretty fair start.

A nice day, so went to Maldon for coffee and lunch (including my first vegan sausage roll which was not bad at all from the taste and texture angles - but I don't know how much salt and sugar was in there to make it that palatable...




No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...