Sunday 2 February 2020

02/02/20

Had a minor incident with Walter Walker along the old railway track at Rayne yesterday. There was a vertical step up onto a concrete block of about two inches and I overestimated his ability to take it in his stride. Walter stopped dead and I kept going - giving Sue flashbacks of my renowned flying leap down the steps outside Liverpool Street Station in October 2017 that left me with a broken left shoulder. This wasn't anything like as bad, I kept some sort of control and no damage was done.

Today we did the "short walk" in Central Park for half a toasted teacake (with jam) each, and I took Rolly the smaller lighter walker instead. Much quicker and simpler to get in and out of the car, and good enough where there's smooth pavement all the way. No catastrophes anyway, although I still have some work to do to make my improvised stick holder a bit better.

Ankle oedema update: after careful inspection in the shower just now, seems to be on the way back to "normal" i.e. left worse than right. I have no ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...