Sunday 9 February 2020

09/02/20

Good news for today: the split on the end of my right thumb has finally healed, and that's the last one gone. Now all I have to do is to stop getting new ones, or making that one open up again. Cancer nurse Sue's tip about plastering hand cream on at night with cotton gloves over the top felt a bit strange at first but didn't take long to get used to and I'm sure it has helped. I've always been vulnerable to these finger splits in low temperatures (10C or below) but they've been worse this year probably because of the skin-thinning powers of the steroids.
Going back to paracetamol at half the original dose has got rid of those various muscle pains that were coming back and particularly making the stairs difficult again.

Lots of scare stories again today on the Facebook Myeloma group about side-effects of the drugs I'm on - dex in particular - and about the transplant process. I read them because there's a lot of good information and tips particularly in the comments, but they can be a bit less than encouraging. Still, every case is different...

Spent part of the day dealing with more paperwork from AXA PPP because they've changed my Dedicated Case Manager to somebody new. All consent forms and the like that I've done before, some of them twice. I can't imagine why it's necessary to do them all again - on paper, by snail mail - when they should have all the records on file for me. Still, no point in arguing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...