Wednesday 19 February 2020

19/02/20

A bit of a complicated day today, following on from Pill Organisation for the final week of chemo this morning. Had a phone call from Prof. Gribben's secretary (he's top man for stem cell transplants at The London Clinic) with offer of an appointment 1500 on Friday. Two day's time! No alternative until well into March so agreed although it clashes with a Velcade injection at Springfield. Got that moved to Thursday (tomorrow) OK, even though that adds a minor complication or two because my car's going in for service and its first MOT and Sue will be out for lunch with friends.
I then got an "appointment letter" email from the secretary which makes it clear that although Gribben is registered with my insurers, his fees will not be fully covered by them. I'm trying to work out exactly what that's going to mean and hoping we aren't going to be forced to change to somebody else at this stage. All I know now is that there are three other consultant haematologists there, and of course there's always the NHS route (Barts, most probably) as an alternative.
I'm not happy because I'm paying for "Comprehensive Cancer Cover" and when I phoned the insurers a few weeks ago to check that they were OK with The London Clinic there was no mention of this as a possible problem.

Be all that as it may, nearly time to head off to The Belvedere for some jazz to take my mind off these little problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...