Thursday 6 February 2020

06/02/20

I was going to write that I've been off all painkillers for over a week and all OK - but this evening I've got a stiff neck and muscle pains in my back and my left knee has been misbehaving for two or three days, so maybe it's time to go back on the paracetamol for a while. Otherwise not much new to report. Back to Springfield tomorrow for another Velcade injection. FSL is still working acceptably well for the constipation, with a "good" day roughly every three days.

Going to try for an early night tonight - I think the lack of decent sleep may be finally catching up with me.

Yesterday made butter from the Tesco double  cream, which I find the best. I don't like Sainsbury's. I've been making our own butter for years. Normal butter (mainly used for cooking, as in this evening's crushed potatoes with salmon fillets and peas) is easiest in the food processor and unsalted, and my spreadable (nearly) straight from the fridge is very lightly salted and done in the Thermomix. If I'm making a batch of both, the Thermie does it all. And the salmon skin gets blowtorched and presented skin side up. And that's enough off-topic for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...