Tuesday 4 February 2020

04/02/20

Feeling a lot more positive this morning. Off to Southend after breakfast, I  think.

Update: the weather wasn't as good as expected and after a brief exploration of Thorpe Bay we ended up on the Southend prom in search of a fish & chip shop open in the morning at this time of year and within close range of some parking. My Blue Badge, for once, wasn't much help with parking being limited to fifteen minutes. But we found a car park just back from the prom and made it through the howling gales (well, it felt like that to me, pushing Rolly along) to the sanctuary of a chip shop for a rather early lunch. Getting back to the car afterwards was even worse and left me feeling exhausted - another reminder that stamina isn't at all what it used to be especially off flat easy (and gale-free) walking. Nevertheless, mood remains much better than yesterday and at 16:45 I'm starting to feel a bit more human again. Except for the unwelcome thought that I've got the bins to do this evening ready for emptying in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...