Saturday 15 February 2020

15/02/20

Set out for Ongar Jazz Club last night and hit a big water-filled pothole on the back road fairly gently but enough to give me a flat. That tyre's had a few pothole knocks on that road recently, so it was probably weakened. Made it on a bit (very slowly) to a safe stopping place and phoned GEM for help. There was a time I'd have done it myself, but not on a pitch-black country road in my present state. At least this car has a spare and not one of those foam injection kits that don't work.
Eventually the help arrived and I got to the club towards the end of the second set (Ongar, unusually, always has three). Tomorrow, or later today, will be devoted to sorting new tyres out. I don't trust that tyre any more so no repairs. I'll get a new one, and that'll mean a new one on the other side as well. At least the car will go to its first MOT in a week or so with two good front tyres even if that means throwing at least a year of good tread away.

Otherwise, all normal. Bit of a rush to get the Fybogel, Laxido, and pills (incl. Senna) all done by midnight as well as all the other jobs laying up breakfast, washing up the cat dishes, loading the dishwasher, etc.) that have to be done at night. Bad case of red hands but hard to tell if that was hot water in the shower or the thalidomide.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to point out that I'm the one who does all the chores in the morning! (And I'm not quite sure what needs loading into the dishwasher at that time of night after I've done it after the evening meal).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Indeed you are. Much appreciated. Whatever would I do without you?
      2. It varies, and often includes re-arranging some of what's already in there...

      Delete

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...