Friday 21 February 2020

21/02/20

I had a courtesy car from the Chelmsford Ford dealers while mine was in for service and MOT yesterday. It had the usual big touchscreen but no satnav and - worst of all - no reversing camera or parking sensors. I know I rely heavily on both, and particularly on the reversing camera, in my car but having to do without them really showed how stiff and immobile I've become. Turning to look back over my shoulder is in the territory between very difficult and plain impossible. Reversing into or out of parking spaces became very slow and tentative. Fortunately I didn't hit anything (or anyone).
Going to London later today for appointment with John Gribben. Sue tells me that the Just Park place I've booked has a tricky low wall to avoid - she's used this spot before, I haven't. I shall do my best to stay well clear of the wall.

 BTW, that big paperwork pile remains untouched. Too tired when I got in today after one thing and another. I doubt it'll get any better tomorrow so it's now scheduled for the weekend. Sunday always was, in theory, my paperwork day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...