Thursday 27 February 2020

27/02/20

Have regretfully decided that at this stage I can't take the chance of picking up an infection at Chelmsford Jazz Club this Sunday March 1st. So "normal life" is suspended until I've recovered enough post-transplant to (a) feel up to it, and (b) have a fully functional immune system again, which is likely to be several months. Probably no Thaxted Festival this year, possibly no Proms.
It's a pity about CJC because it's a good band that I was looking forward to (Vasilis Xenopoulos and Quentin Cooper), but at least I managed to sell the ticket at full price!

On the subject of infections, I'd rather avoid London tube travel with the coronavirus around, but there's no way of avoiding it apart from spending a fortune on taxis from the usual Just Park spots in Redbridge. Will just have to rely on plenty of hand gel and rather ineffective face masks. I have quite a lot of those in stock, bought on a precautionary basis before this all blew up.

Update: I haven't told Sue yet, but have decided to "spend a fortune" on taxis at least for the scan date (March 5th). I think it's justified by my "immune compromised" status and the disruption to the whole plan that would be caused if I went down with any ordinary tube-caught infection let alone CoVid-19. Probably the same when we get to harvesting on the 11th, although I might feel different if I have to go back on the 12th or 13th. By the time we get to admission  for the transplant itself (probably right at the end of March or into April), either the whole thing will have died down or - well, things will be very different. I'd probably want a taxi for that anyway, considering the amount of baggage we'll have to take for three weeks in hospital. I've already planned on a taxi for the journey back home afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...