Monday 9 March 2020

09/03/20

We've had the report on the CT/PET scans emailed by Dr.Chowdhury late last night. He describes the report as "good" and there's certainly nothing both new and terribly bad in it. Apparently the big left hip lesion is repairing itself to some extent, as is the 4th right rib one (the one I thought was a shoulder-blade muscle insertion problem at the time). I've got a couple of lesions I didn't know about - one in the right femur and one at the base of my skull. And there may be an inflammation issue at the site of an umbilical hernia repair some twenty years ago. I know that the surgeon inserted some sort of mesh reinforcing thing at exactly the place where the PET found the inflammation.

While passing emails back and forth I suggested that it might be an idea if he arranged more bloods at Springfield as a check on the strange glucose and white cell results that The London Clinic phoned up about after the scans (which are even more strange in the light of the scan report, which says Blood Glucose Level: 5.2). He thought that was a good idea so I got up early to phone the Oncology Centre and went in before breakfast to have even more blood taken out... They should email me the results later this afternoon. After all that I treated myself to a Full English at The Hare and got home to do my third GCSF injection - an hour and a half later than the planned time, but that's not enough to worry about.

No lunch today (obviously!) but now going to sort out an issue with Sue's dashcam, and then I have two batches of butter to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...