Tuesday 17 March 2020

17/03/20 (2)

A simple thought, but one that only hit me yesterday: everybody seems to have assumed that I developed MGUS only shortly before being diagnosed with it (about 08/18, as I recall). If that's true, my myeloma developed remarkably quickly with raised paraproteins and that big left hip osteolytic lesion - although my blood numbers were (and still are) good with none of the usual kidney and liver issues. The logical problem is that MGUS is symptomless, so I may well have had it for years, if not decades. It doesn't make a deal of practical difference if I've been living unknowingly with MGUS for much longer, but it would be nice, if pointless, to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...