Wednesday 25 March 2020

25/03/20

It's the day I should have been going in for my transplant... and also Day Three of Coronavirus lockdown, self-isolation and "shielding" for me. It's going OK so far, but there's a lot longer to go. However, this is a Myeloma blog not a coronavirus one, so I'll keep off that subject as far as I can.
I had the bloods done on Monday morning at Springfield (very quiet, you know why) and the results came through yesterday - all except the paraprotein level, which is the one I really want to know. The rest all look pretty good to me, and the overall protein figures suggest no big change in the PPs (which were at zero for several weeks before the chemo ended). The exact figure will come through in another few days and will tell us whether I need more chemo straight away to push the PPs down again, or whether we can leave things alone for a while.
As for when the next opportunity for transplant will come along, my guess is that things won't be back close enough to normal until perhaps September or October. Now we can wait and see how bad that prediction looks with hindsight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...