Tuesday 31 March 2020

31/03/20 (2)

In the absence of our regular cleaner because of COVID-19, Sue and I have had to do the whole job ourselves (first time for quite a few years!). We spread it over yesterday and today, and it's left me completely exhausted. Another reminder that although my paraproteins are undetectable and I'm technically in remission, I have still got cancer and my stamina is not at all what it used to be. And nor is my ability to get up off the floor...

After a couple of phone calls from my GP and one of the practice nurses, we have a plan for my three-monthly B12 injection, due on April 8th, which respects both our self-isolation and my  "shielding" as extremely vulnerable. The pharmacy will deliver the necessary items on Friday, and Sue and I will administer the injection between us. That'll be fun!

Obviously now starting to come to life again after all the dusting and vacuuming and floor-mopping. Only the bins to do and a strawberry coulis to make (for some reason Tesco delivered more than we ordered, and they won't all last for long enough to be eaten as they are), and the usual evening chef routine for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...