Beautiful warm bright sunny day today. Sue went into Chelmsford to tackle some shopping, I stayed at home for a couple of deliveries. Then in the late afternoon I took Walter out for a roll while the weather was still good. I did the "triangle" - for those who know the area, that's along the A1060, left along Mark's Hall Lane, left again onto Ongar Road, and right onto the A1060 again and home. It's a decent walk and I did it with only a couple of short rests on Walter's built-in seat. I certainly wouldn't have made it that far with just a stick.
Not long after I got home Boris announced his near-lockdown in the fight against COVID-19. Things are moving very fast - much of what he announced was expected on Thursday, and this is only Monday. Twelve weeks of near 'self-isolation' isn't that bad a prospect for me - one week before transplant, four weeks to be discharged, and I wouldn't expect to be doing much at all out of the house for the next seven weeks at the least. So not that much of a big deal, as long as I can stay clear of the virus. But for Sue - not fun at all. It's a common observation that this is our generation's "Blitz moment" - the price that has to be paid for all those years of peace and progress since the end of WWII and the start of our lives.
Maybe - see what happens tomorrow...
Monday, 16 March 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
08/10/2026 The best laid plans...
Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...
-
More rain yesterday. Eventually got fed up enough with it that I took the car out in the hope that it might stop for a while when I was clos...
-
Rain, rain, rain again. Just perfectly timed to stop me getting my daily exercise by mowing the one bit of grass that hasn't been done y...
-
First, the good news. That proto-rash I mentioned on my right thigh has 90% vanished and looks a healthy pink rather than anything nastier. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment