Monday 16 March 2020

16/03/20 (2)

Beautiful warm bright sunny day today. Sue went into Chelmsford to tackle some shopping, I stayed at home for a couple of deliveries. Then in the late afternoon I took Walter out for a roll while the weather was still good. I did the "triangle" -  for those who know the area, that's along the A1060, left along Mark's Hall Lane, left again onto Ongar Road, and right onto the A1060 again and home. It's a decent walk and I did it with only a couple of short rests on Walter's built-in seat. I certainly wouldn't have made it that far with just a stick.
Not long after I got home Boris announced his near-lockdown in the fight against COVID-19. Things are moving very fast - much of what he announced was expected on Thursday, and this is only Monday. Twelve weeks of near 'self-isolation' isn't that bad a prospect for me - one week before transplant, four weeks to be discharged, and I wouldn't expect to be doing much at all out of the house for the next seven weeks at the least. So not that much of a big deal, as long as I can stay clear of the virus. But for Sue - not fun at all. It's a common observation that this is our generation's "Blitz moment" - the price that has to be paid for all those years of peace and progress since the end of WWII and the start of our lives.
Maybe - see what happens tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...