Thursday 2 July 2020

02/07/20 (4) Rainy walk

Rain was forecast for the afternoon, so I got out for my regular walk in the morning. Around the triangle. Again. Of course a light shower started, and I sheltered under a handy tree for five minutes until it stopped. Then a much heavier rain started on the final couple of hundred yards back to home, and both Walter and I got thoroughly damp, if rather less than drenched. As far as I can remember that's the first time I've had rain  trouble since I got my first walker back in September last year, although it's threatened a few times or I've escaped by just a few minutes.

I timed the walk this time with the stopwatch on my  digital watch. Allowing for that stop and a distanced chat with one of the village residents, it's 50  minutes which I think is enough to count as useful exercise.

Still feeling wide awake after the dex night and haven't had a snooze yet. Last night I got a total of two hours - went back to bed about 06:15, read for a while, then just stayed awake thinking about this and that until 08:30. Usually the effect lasts for two days so I'm expecting another bad one tonight. But probably not quite as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...