Thursday, 2 July 2020

02/07/20 (4) Rainy walk

Rain was forecast for the afternoon, so I got out for my regular walk in the morning. Around the triangle. Again. Of course a light shower started, and I sheltered under a handy tree for five minutes until it stopped. Then a much heavier rain started on the final couple of hundred yards back to home, and both Walter and I got thoroughly damp, if rather less than drenched. As far as I can remember that's the first time I've had rain  trouble since I got my first walker back in September last year, although it's threatened a few times or I've escaped by just a few minutes.

I timed the walk this time with the stopwatch on my  digital watch. Allowing for that stop and a distanced chat with one of the village residents, it's 50  minutes which I think is enough to count as useful exercise.

Still feeling wide awake after the dex night and haven't had a snooze yet. Last night I got a total of two hours - went back to bed about 06:15, read for a while, then just stayed awake thinking about this and that until 08:30. Usually the effect lasts for two days so I'm expecting another bad one tonight. But probably not quite as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...