Sunday 12 July 2020

11/07/20 Fly tipping

Yesterday I took Victor the all-terrain Veloped along the road with the intention of turning left along the Essex Way, if the track was dry enough. I only made it about fifty yards on the Way, because of this:
















Fly-tipping bastards. I've reported to Chelmsford District Council and can only hope they find some evidence to prosecute with. The Optilux 600W Digital Ballast units are for intensive garden lighting or, as a couple of websites put it, for your "grow room". Looks as if somebody's been setting up a cannabis farm.

That put me off going any further so I turned around and headed back to the road, picking up yet another puncture on the way. There are some very vicious thorns in that area but I've been through several times recently without meeting one. I've now replaced the already patched inner tube with a new one, and repaired the puncture with my last patch to add to my ever-increasing stock of "emergency spare" 14 inch tubes. Another puncture repair kit is on order from Up The Jungle.

So it was a bit less exercise than I intended, but enough. Just about.
       
                                                                                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...