Friday 17 July 2020

17/07/20 Ambitions achieved

All my ambitions for yesterday achieved - Walter now has two walking stick holders, the big kitchen cupboard has been sorted and quite a lot of old and unused junk thrown out (awaiting the next tip visit, whenever that may be). Also made a couple of loaves using the steam burst function of the new microwave in oven mode. I learnt one thing - don't let the top of a well-risen loaf get too close to the top of the oven or you burn the top far too soon. I scraped the charcoal off when the loaves were cool, and they seem to have survived OK. Also fitted a reasonably decent local walk in, played online backgammon with Mr.Anonymous from the Comments as we do every weekday, and did a rather rushed meal of venison grillsteaks, new potatoes, steam-fried courgette & mushrooms, and gravy  because Sue had one of her Zoom meetings (I think) to attend. Made it a couple of minutes behind schedule but just in time. Altogether a slightly manic day by my usual relaxed standards, and I think I can blame the dex for that.

Later today (16:00) I have the next set of blood tests and probably another COVID-19 test as well. If all is OK, in again for a Zometa  drip on Tuesday 21st and I start Cycle 3 of consolidation on Wednesday. And I forgot the scheduled 'phone consultation with Dr.Ch on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...