Monday, 27 July 2020

27/07/20 Fatigue & blood numbers

A rather low-energy day yesterday, perhaps bordering on real genuine fatigue rather than just feeling dog-tired. Intermittent rain in the morning ruled out going for some outdoor exercise, so I didn't do a lot apart from doze in my chair downstairs. But - and at last - had some interest in the old microwave oven I've had for sale on Gumtree, and arranged for the buyer to come and collect at 17:00. That made it a bit of a "now or never" so I made slightly early tea and got out for a short but fast (by my standards) roll down to Fountain Road and back. Better than nothing, and on the way back I had a call from another Gumtree possible buyer. Strange co-incidence, after a couple of weeks with no interest at all. Anyway, that's another £40 towards the cost of the oil tank repair...

As for the 'is it / isn't it fatigue?' question, it's a likely enough side effect of the pills but maybe I've been letting the slightly low red cell and haemoglobin numbers prey on my subconscious mind a little so I checked them against the first set of blood results I have in full, taken 18/11/19:

18/11/19 Red blood corpuscles: 3.74 (normal 4.4 - 5.8)
17/07/20 Red blood corpuscles:  3.91 so I'm actually a bit up over that time.

18/11/20 Haemoglobin: 118 (normal 130 - 170)
17/07/20 Haemoglobin: 126 again, up a bit.

O2 saturation (I just checked) is 96% as usual.

So whatever the cause of this tiredness is, it's not oxygen deprivation. The Lenalidomide / Revlimid "Patient Leaflet" quotes tiredness as one of the likely side-effects, but associated with a drop in red cell count and although I've had that (a small one), it goes back to way before I started taking Lenalidomide. I'll leave things as they are for now, but I think I'll make it a main topic for the next 'phone consultation with Dr.Ch if it doesn't get any better.

Of course, as always with me, I get to about 23:30, have a shower at midnight or just after, and then feel more wide awake than I have done all day. The curse of being a natural night owl...

No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...