Friday 3 July 2020

03/07/20 (2) Xarelto confusion

Not too pleased with my GP surgery pharmacy today. I was running low on Xarelto / Rivaroxaban - a blood thinner I take every morning - with my last one this very Friday morning. I need new ones from tomorrow morning. I put in an online prescription request last Sunday 28 June and asked for home delivery. They have a volunteer service for this that we've used a few times before. It came to yesterday and nothing had arrived. For some obscure reason you can't phone the dispensary until 2pm and of course it takes more than a few "busy" attempts before you eventually get through. It turned out that because of a "filing mistake" they still had the prescription and it hadn't been put out for delivery. So I had to get in the car and go and collect in person, shielding or not...

When I got home and opened the package to load two pills for tomorrow and Sunday into my seven-day pill box, I discovered only one strip of ten pills inside instead of the three I expected. As you can see from the photo, it's actually a box of ten with the dispensary label (for 30 tablets) stuck on top.

















Identifying information redacted, as they say these days, to avoid potential embarrassment.

I've now put in another online request for a new box of 30, or maybe two more 10s if there's a limit on how many of these they can prescribe in a month. And a home delivery.

We await developments with interest...

To add to the annoyances of the day, we were promised delivery of a new microwave oven so I stayed in when I could have been out getting my hour of fresh air and exercise. Then, inevitably, and at about half past six, a message came in saying it would be Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...