Sunday, 2 August 2020

02/08/20 Fatigue day?

I think yesterday was my "fatigue" day for this week. I don't like calling it that because I understand that all-out fatigue goes way beyond what I get, but equally it goes beyond just feeling tired. I'm getting an instinct - without any supporting evidence - that it's a reaction to the falling dex level three or four days after taking it. And if that's right, the reason why I didn't get the same thing when I was on double the dose (over two days) is that the dex level never dropped low enough. Maybe I could try splitting the current 20mg on  one day into 2 x 10mg over two days? Something to talk to Dr.Ch about next time. Before then I'll try to do a little research on the point.

Some quick Googling suggests this may be right. Dex fatigue a few days after taking it tends to increase with prolonged use of dex, and the combination with Revlemid / Lenalidomide (also a cause of fatigue by itself at higher doses such as my 25mg daily) can increase the effect. Well, I'm halfway through Cycle 3 of the current consolidation program and the last week of that is off Len. And after Cycle 4 I'll be off dex altogether (that's Sep.16th, if I've worked it out right) but staying on low-dose Len. I can stand a touch of fatigue for that long, especially if I know it's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...