Thursday 13 August 2020

13/08/20 Dex night and heatwave

 04:05. I went to bed just after 01:30 and slept, with plenty of interruptions, through to 03:45. Two hours and a bit, which is on the low side of normal for a dex night. The same tactic worked much better last week when it wasn't quite as hot. Sunrise is 05:39 according to the BBC weather site, so no excuse for missing it this time! It also gives the outside temperature as 18C, and in my study my thermometer is at 29.5C - there's a huge amount of retained heat after the last week or two. It's going to start off very hot again - upper 20s not 30s - with a chance of thunderstorms early afternoon. To further increase the confusion, my phone says 22C for the nearest weather station in Writtle (five miles away), which makes it another "tropical" night above 20.

I've got a bit obsessed with the weather, but I claim it's excusable after what I think is the hottest and longest heatwave in my memory. Summer 2018 was much longer of course, but IIRC it never got quite so hot for so long. And you don't need all this and dex as well. Climate change? Not a topic for this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...