Thursday 6 August 2020

06/08/20 Small nosebleed

Had a very (and I mean VERY) small nosebleed overnight last night. It clotted quickly and didn't recur. So either my reduced number of platelets are still enough to do the job, or the blood thinner I'm taking daily (10mg Xarelto/Rivaroxaban) isn't working... Nothing like as bad as the one I had back in January which bled profusely and took at least 45 minutes to stop. I suppose I should report it to the chemo nurses at Springfield.

Dex night tonight. 01:15 and very wide awake...

Interesting and slightly worrying post on the Facebook group this evening:

"after xxx was doing extremely well according to his MM team and responding well to treatment he's become poorly again. Double vision and eye bulge, totally unstable on his feet. We were told to go straight to Barts on monday where they done bloods and lumbar punch followed by intrathecal chemo and an MRI. The cancer cells in his brain have spread and become active again."

All I can find on myeloma invading the brain (or any other part of the nervous system) suggests that it is an extremely rare complication. And not one that I much like to think about, while I've still got a brain capable of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...