Wednesday 26 August 2020

26/08/20 Myeloma & COVID

Right back at the beginning, in post #1 'Introduction', I wrote "This is meant mainly as a more-or-less daily record of my time with Multiple Myeloma." and that's still my aim. The problem is that back then we had never heard of SARS-COV-2 but for the last six months or so it has dominated every aspect of life. Without it I'd be five months post-stem cell transplant. Still pretty much stuck at home during the long recovery period, still not doing the weekly Tesco food shop in the store, still not going out to live music two or three times a week. The big difference is that there would be live music I could go to, and now in the real world there isn't.

My time with Multiple Myeloma is also, like it or not, everybody's time with COVID. So no apologies for writing about the infernal virus more than I'd like to.

Decent local walk around the triangle today, made a batch of spreadable butter, and the right shoulder has been good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...