Friday 14 August 2020

14/08/20 Constipation

This is supposed to be an honest account of life with myeloma, so here we go...

I've mentioned that the constipation problem has returned, presumably mainly as a consequence of dex. I haven't taken Lenalidomide since Tuesday night, this being my week off, which may mean that it plays no big part in this. Or maybe it's a reaction to coming off it...

I take one Senna every night, topping that up with Fybogel and Laxido according to need. I had one Fybogel last night and wondered whether I should double it up or take a Laxido as well but decided to go one more day without going that far.

Mistake. Very bad this morning. Not pleasant at all. Resorted to two glycerine suppositories (and a great deal of rather loud bad language) before much appreciated relief - of a kind that put the macerator behind the upstairs WC to its toughest test yet. Followed up with a shower and now feeling a lot better. Am going to put myself on regular nightly Fybogel for a week or two - really don't want things to get so bad (not to mention hard and compacted) again, and this crept up on me without enough warning. Goes to show that I've not been quite as on top of this issue as I thought I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...