Monday 10 August 2020

10/09/20 (2) Myeloma anniversary

My actual myeloma diagnosis is dated 06/09/20, but it's now just about a year since my GP 'phoned me to say that the X-ray on my troublesome left hip had revealed a big osteolytic lesion there and some smaller ones elsewhere. That's when it became almost certain that my MGUS had progressed to myeloma. So I'm making 10th August the official birthday of my awareness of my disease. That's one year's survival ticked off. Many more to come, I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Many many more to come I hope!!!! ....and games of backgammon 😀FixRheumatix

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can take it back further - at least to the Parish Council meeting in March 2019 when I pathologically fractured my left hip, although I didn't realise what had happened at the time - thought it was purely muscular. There must have been at least a month or two for that lesion to have developed far enough that the simple act of standing up from a chair was enough for a fracture. So maybe Jan 2019 for the "beginning", insofar as it can be pinpointed. But I'll stick with 10th August for simplicity.

    ReplyDelete

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...