Sunday 30 August 2020

30/08/20 Breakfast at The Hare

The tentative and cautious return to something like normal continued this morning with breakfast at The Hare (Roxwell). We had hoped to sit at an outside table but it was too cold and windswept for that. Not crowded inside so we went to our usual table inside, well away from everyone else. I had Eggs Benedict with a magnificently spiced Garnett's (local) sausage added, Sue had the Small English. We stopped at the Essex Way (Peppers Green Lane) on the way back and had a good length walk in the hope of working some of it off. Then got home and completely forgot the need to do the Pill Organisation Thing before my lunchtime pills, which were therefore rather later than they should have been. But timing not critical for any of them, so no big deal, just annoying.

Also annoyed by the new #2 water butt. It's leaking from where the tap goes in:



so now I have to empty it out, disconnect the diverter at the top, find a way to get one arm down inside while I tighten the tap with the other arm, and put it all back again. Tomorrow, I think.
The trouble may be that the tap has clearly suffered some damage during shipping:











It's been knocked off-true to one side, and the body of the butt is carrying quite a dent. It came in a big cardboard box with no protective internal packing against damage - I was just hoping that it would all put itself right with enough weight of water inside, but it seems not. If there is actual damage I'll have to deal with the problem of a return to Amazon. But maybe they'll just send me another one instead... the Lord knows I must be a good enough customer!

Oh well. Keeps me busy and off the streets. I suppose I should welcome the distraction of these little problems (and others, such as why Sue's Bluetooth wireless earbuds seem to have decided to unpair themselves from her phone and computer, and how to get them back again). It's just that they always seem to turn up at the wrong moments...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...