Tuesday 18 August 2020

18/08/200 (2) Zometa & constipation

Arrived at Springfield Hospital 16:00 only to find that they were expecting me at 14:30. No idea how that confusion happened as I know I checked the unusually late time when we booked it last month. Still, it didn't seem to matter and we got the Zometa done. No reaction to it going in, as usual. I also got the bag of meds for the next four weeks - apart from the Lenalidomide which isn't in yet. They will courier it out to us tomorrow or whenever it turns up.

Not a good day from the exercise point of view. I planned a longish local walk between lunch and leaving for Springfield, but heavy rain came at exactly the wrong time and so I never got out. Must do better later today...

Just the nightly Senna last night, no Fybogel. And 10mg of dex in the morning, followed by another 10mg the day after. I'm hoping that will work, because when the constipation gets bad enough for the glycerine suppositories, it is no fun at all. Will definitely take at least one Fybogel and maybe a Laxido later tonight as not planning on going anywhere on Thursday. I don't enjoy dwelling  on this subject, but I enjoy it going wrong even less. One of the Springfield nurses said to me long ago that whatever side-effect dominates early on tends to stay with you through all the later stages of treatment, so I just have to get better and better at dealing with it proactively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...