Tuesday, 25 August 2020

25/08/20 Wet & Windy

Wet and windy today so I don't see much chance of getting a decent walk in. Again. I'll attack the paperwork pile instead.

Right shoulder is better today. Still can't make up my mind whether to report it or not.

UPDATE: Not as much rain as predicted but very windy all day. I devoted myself to the task of replacing the old #2 water butt, which has developed a number of pinhole leaks, with a new one delivered from Up The Jungle this morning. Having - with some difficulty - removed the rainwater diverter from the old butt I found that I haven't got the right size of flat bit that I need to make a suitable hole in the new one. Under normal circumstances I'd have got in the car and gone to Homebase or B&Q to get one. These days, of course, it's upstairs to the computer to order one from Amazon...

Also had to help Sue with cleaning inside windows - some bits are not easy to reach. That put my right shoulder to something of a test. Feels OK at the moment but tomorrow morning will tell.

Paperwork accomplished, main filing trays cleared. Already they're building up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...