Tuesday, 1 September 2020

01/09/20 Blog anniversary

 Here we are - by month at least - starting Year Two of this blog. The good news is that I'm still here, still in International Stage One, in full remission after first line treatment only, and generally in a far better state than might have been expected. On the other hand, that's one year of my Revised Myeloma Life Expectancy gone... Overall, health is not too bad although a combination of the disease and the treatment undoubtedly leaves me with less energy and less stamina than I used to have. I get around the house and garden without a stick, but outside I need at least one for short distances on good ground and rely heavily on a walker for increased security and stability. Things could be a lot worse, and my walking is a very great deal better than it was a year ago.

Back at home, the #2 water butt remains a problem. I removed the tap and found that the external sealing ring had been damaged by - I presume - whatever impact in transit dented the plastic and knocked the tap off-centre. I replaced the seals inside and out from stock and by cannabilising the old water butt, but that failed to cure the leak. So it's back to Amazon. I have to wait for two days for the selling company to get back to me about return or replacement. Not much point in returning it now I've drilled a hole in it for the rainwater diverter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...