Tuesday 1 September 2020

01/09/20 Blog anniversary

 Here we are - by month at least - starting Year Two of this blog. The good news is that I'm still here, still in International Stage One, in full remission after first line treatment only, and generally in a far better state than might have been expected. On the other hand, that's one year of my Revised Myeloma Life Expectancy gone... Overall, health is not too bad although a combination of the disease and the treatment undoubtedly leaves me with less energy and less stamina than I used to have. I get around the house and garden without a stick, but outside I need at least one for short distances on good ground and rely heavily on a walker for increased security and stability. Things could be a lot worse, and my walking is a very great deal better than it was a year ago.

Back at home, the #2 water butt remains a problem. I removed the tap and found that the external sealing ring had been damaged by - I presume - whatever impact in transit dented the plastic and knocked the tap off-centre. I replaced the seals inside and out from stock and by cannabilising the old water butt, but that failed to cure the leak. So it's back to Amazon. I have to wait for two days for the selling company to get back to me about return or replacement. Not much point in returning it now I've drilled a hole in it for the rainwater diverter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...