Thursday 3 September 2020

03/08/20 Dunstable Downs

Yesterday we went for a socially distanced picnic lunch at Dunstable Downs (near Luton and Whipsnade Zoo) with my old college friends Mr.Anonymous from the Comments and his wife. Pleased to say that the Cheesy Parmesan Biscuits went down as well as usual and we didn't have to bring any back. It was good for all of us to get out and see and do some different things. The natural route for us is M11, M25, M1 and then a fairly short cross-country drive, but sat nav warned us of problems on the M25 because of a crash so we took the alternative route north of Harlow. It was a nightmare, complicated and very slow. We were best part of half an hour late for the designated meeting, and there are few things either Sue or I dislike more than being late for anything. The motorways were clear on the way back, apart from many long stretches of 50mph limit for little obvious reason. Most frustrating.














The laxative precautions worked OK and I've put myself back on just the senna for the time being. But, never as far as I can remember ever in my life taking a laxative until this all started, I think it's clear that daily monitoring and management is going to be a "regular" feature of the rest of it. At least I'm better at it than I was at first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...