Monday 28 September 2020

28/09/20 Complications with GP

Complications, complications... I had an appointment at 15:00 for a 'phone conversation with my GP - the regular prescription review. But instead the phone rang at 13:00 and I found myself talking to the "lead clinical pharmacist" at the surgery, who did the review. It seems that she's now doing them all, instead of the doctors. The only issue concerns the 40mg Furosemide (diuretic) which I now take 3 days a week to keep the ankle & foot oedema (probably caused by steroids) away. Last time I found the 20mg didn't have any effect but 40mg daily was enough to banish the swelling (which was bad enough to make putting shoes on near-impossible). It's vanished off my repeats list but I added it as a "custom" item to a prescription renewal that I put in online last night. Now I have to wait around for a call from reception to book a time for a 'phone call from my GP about it. Result: two phone calls where it might have been just one, and I have to hang around at home because I don't really want to take that kind of call when I'm outside with traffic noise and all that. But it's a much better day so I may just go out anyway...

UPDATE: Much better day and have been out round the local triangle. No incoming call from the surgery but I 'phoned AXA to check they're OK with another PET/CT scan, which they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...