Thursday 24 September 2020

24/09/20 Self-checks

Slept OK last night (dex#1), just waking up half an hour before the alarm. I have an ominous feeling tonight (dex#2) may not be as good...

Had a short walk in Oaklands Park this morning before Sue went off to a socially-distanced six-person session with one of her wind bands.

I've mentioned that I take my temperature every morning (except the few when I forget) and I also check blood pressure regularly. This evening was 101/63, which my chart tells me is "Ideal Blood Pressure". Long-term average is around 110/70, also "Ideal" - and that's without any of the blood pressure meds that I used to take until two or three years ago. Other routine but occasional tests are blood sugar and oxygen saturation (because one of the signs of COVID is reduced oxygen without the expected breathlessness - although I haven't heard much about that one for a while now).

I do wonder whether the people now rushing to get their stem call transplants done are paying much attention to the six-month period when their immune systems are rebuilding to full strength at the time when the infernal virus is surging again. I wouldn't want to take the risk of a transplant for quite a while yet, although I realise that going ahead may be more urgent for some people than for others (and I'm in a good position to delay for as long as possible).

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...