Thursday, 10 September 2020

10/09/20 (2) Sunrise and non-secretory myeloma

Dex sleeplessness again - the first bad one for a while. Went to bed a bit before 02:00 as usual, woke up about 04:30, gave up the attempt to get back to sleep at 05:00. Still wide awake at 05:50, with a couple of sunrise photos. Just like old times.










On the non-secretory myeloma subject, here's another post from a new contributor to the thread:

"Currently relapsed, not shown in bloods. Detected by growing pain, phoned team for advice, they requested CT scan, phoned following day, admitted that morning & MRI pm, evening told MM back & fracture of L1 surrounded by mass, follow up PeT scan showed 5 other small but active lesions. BMB showed MM active, going forward consultant said I would be monitored by pain levels, BMB, PeT scans."

I know I have (had?) a number of other smaller lesions in upper and lower spine and pelvis. The big left hip one was #1, followed by the 4th rib #2. None in the cranium, to the best of my knowledge. As far as I know none of the smaller ones are causing any trouble, but might be wise to monitor them more closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...