Tuesday 22 September 2020

22/09/20 Wivenhoe and fatigue

Wivenhoe yesterday was good, although the drive through Colchester to get there was - as usual on that road - very slow. The northern route through Sudbury would be a good deal longer but might well be faster.

The modern river frontage on the Colne is very attractive. There were several good looking pubs but we settled on a panini from a small Syrian cafe, the Olive Branch









I was fine driving but had my usual collapse when we got home and couldn't keep my eyes open for a while. No other news on the myeloma front, still awaiting a response from Springfield about the missing numbers on the most recent blood test results, no date for the new scans in London yet either. Still a very (very) slight tenderness on the 'flu injection site but nothing to worry about.

Leaving aside the possible  rib lesion / shoulder pain issue, it's becoming increasingly clear that after the dreaded constipation, tiredness / loss of stamina / fatigue is becoming the #2 issue I have to deal with on  daily basis. We're planning on getting a skip in at some time over the next week or two in order to have a major clear out of the garage and workshop but I'm not at all sure I'll be able to do my fair share. Shifting heavy stuff up from the workshop will be hard, even in a wheelbarrow, and I doubt I'll be in a state to do much more than an hour or so without needing a longish break to recover. The problem will be getting Sue to work at a pace to suit mine...

1 comment:

  1. Good News! I have just read the most recent Doctors.net article on Myeloma. It states "Median survival from diagnosis is 7-10 years". By then at the current rate we will have played approximately 8000 games of Backgammon :) FixRheumatix

    ReplyDelete

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...